iOS game: character and theme design
- Status Closed
- Budget $250 - $750 USD
- Total Bids 13
Hello talented designers!
I need new graphics for my iPhone/iPad game.
*You will ONLY design graphics... No coding required.
*Winner may be commissioned for future work.
Create new graphics for the iPhone iPad game "Birds of War".
Get a feel for the graphics. Please go and download "Birds of War" on your iPhone or iPad. This is necessary because I will make references to it below.
Here is a link: [url removed, login to view]
CONTEST: Be creative and come up with a completely new theme for the game. Right now the game "Birds of War" has a bird-theme where birds kill birds. You will need to think of something completely different. THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!
Once you come up with a new theme then provide me the following based on your new theme:
1) Design a new game logo. This will replace the "Birds of War" logo you see on the app main page.
2) Design a new game main hero character. This will replace "Smokin Sam" on the character selection page. Also provide 6 frames for this new hero. For example for "Smokin Sam" currently I have 6 frames for flapping wings. PLEASE SEE ATTACHED FILE FOR EXAMPLE. Be creative here...For example if you're designing a spaceship, the frames may be an animation on the exhaust. Then design 2 more heroes (these are the locked hero's in "Birds of War"). They should look like an "upgraded" version of the main character, for example bigger guns. They should look completely different from main hero.
4) Design one new enemy character and provide 6 frames for it (of similar to above). IMPORTANT: Place each frame in a 206px x 206px box. PLEASE SEE ATTACHED FILE FOR EXAMPLE. Then design 4 more enemies and add motion frames.
5) For each of the new enemy characters design 6 frames for death. A death happens when the hero shoots the enemy in the game. For example in "Birds of War" the enemy bird simply explodes. I need 6 frames for each your new enemies. IMPORTANT: Place each frame in a 206px x 206px box.
6) Design 2 backgrounds: One background is static (for example in "Birds of War" it is the sky with the sun. The second background moves very slowly (for example in "Birds of War" it is the mountains and the big cloud). IMPORTANT: Each background is 1024px x 768px.
7) Design one "pick up" item. For example in "Birds of War" this is a coin. IMPORTANT: size is 76px x 76px.
8) Design a bullet that hero fires. Should fit in 80px x 80px box. Be very creative with this!
9) Splash screen. This is the first screen you see when you launch the app.
WINNER: I will decide the winner based on the designs of 1-9 you provide me as described above. The most creative design will win!
FINAL DELIVERY: So in summary the winner of the contest will design 3 heros (6 frames each) and 5 enemies (6 frames each+6 frames death each)+ 1 game logo for main page + 2 backgrounds + 1 splash screen. You will also design the buttons the game has and also the "GameOver" logo you see when the game ends.
FINAL NOTE: Final delivery is simple: I will provide you a PNG file with boxes with precise dimensions. You simply place each of your animations inside the appropriate box. I will label all the boxes for you so you know what to put where! Each box has a dimension. For example each hero (or each enemy) frame has to fit in a 206px x 206px box. Logo design is optional (You're more likely to get picked if you provide one).
Your final delivery must be original graphics, like PNG formats where I can access all the layers in Adobe Photoshop.
REMEMBER: Winner will likely be commissioned automatically for future games!
Thanks for reading... I look forward to seeing your great work!Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online