Fiarro's client is a small consulting business with documents in Word, Excel, Powerpoint & PDF formats. These documents need to be stored, secured and shared amongst their internal consulting teams. There are no restrictions on the platform or technology that must be used for this solution however there are a number of mandatory functional requirements that must be fulfilled.
1. All functionality must be accessible via a web browser using HTTPS and authentication
2. Solution should not require any initial or on-going licensing or subscription fees.
3. Solution must be capable of being hosted with at least 3 different online hosting providers
4. Solution must be capable of being hosted on a linux or windows machine
5. Solution must provide the ability to synchronize content across multiple hosted instances (ie for backup and DR)
6. Solution must provide the ability to bulk export all content (ie for backup and DR)
7. Solution must be able to upload, store and export Word, Excel, Powerpoint & PDF formatted documents
8. Uploaded documents must be renamed using a standard naming format that communicates their location in the knowledge base and last modified date.
9. Solution must provide version control for documents
10. Solution must provide a way to manage draft documents and clearly mark and separate them from finalised documents.
10. Solution must provide the ability to browse stored documents in the structure provided in the ZIP archived folder structure "Knowledge Base Structure"
11. Solution must provide the ability to give user and group based read, write and export privileges on a category, sub-category and individual record basis
12. Solution must provide audit logging to track all user actions performed in the system (view, write, export, create, etc)
13. Solution must provide the ability for authorized administrative users to easily create new categories and sub-categories
14. Solution must provide a "Client" interface where customers and their consultants can upload and share documents to a dedicated and secured area that only they and their consultant can access.
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions if the requirements are unclear or if we've missed anything you feel is important. Please also provide a quick description of the technologies you propose to use for this solution when you place a bid. Similar projects completed would be nice however is not mandatory.