Need a Cartoonist/Illustrator for 60 page Coloring Book
This project received 51 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $988 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
We are putting together a coloring book and are looking for an artist to be the primary illustrator for this project. I (Anna) who am overseeing the project have drawn basic rough sketches of the general idea/composition of the pages and have a basic artistic style to work from, but we need a more talented illustrator to redraw and digitally ink the rough sketches I have created into a finished coloring page. The sketches I have made vary in detail. Some are just an idea and lend them-self to your creative interpretation, while others are more specific in how I would like the page composed.
We are hoping to find someone who can bring their own unique style to the table that will build and improve upon the style that I have created. We particularly need an illustrator/cartoonist who is good and drawing people in an athletic action poses, along with hands and feet.
The style of the images fall between realistic and cartoony, but more on the cartoon side.
We prefer that images are inked in Illustrator because of the crisp and clean clarity of the lines. Another program may be ok as long as the line quality is comparable to Illustrator.
We prefer artists who:
1. Ink with interesting and dynamic line quality that is clean and crisp- (I have attached a pdf of what we want the line quality to look like).
2. Are good at perspective and foreshortening
3. Good at drawing hands and feet
Some requirements upon taking this job are:
1. Must must be ok signing a Non-Compete/Non-disclose agreement stating that we will retain 100% of the copyright of the images created and that the illustrator will not resell or recreate the work in any form. This will not inhibit the artist from using the work for portfolio purposes.
3. We have about 60 sketches and if chosen after trial sketch, we need to know you will be committed to completing the project till the end.
Our desired project deadline is June 22, 2013.
If this project goes well, we may have several more to come!
If you have images that demonstrate your digital inking ability please attach them or direct us where we can see them.
We are actively looking for the artist that will be the right match so please respond to this post as soon as you can!
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online