To lay out, in InDesign, a 300-page book on Railways.
The work will take up most of a 11-week period throughout April and June, representing a significant time investment (>200 hours) on the part of the freelancer.
Book will have a similar level of detail/content to "Britain's Scenic Railways" (see Amazon for samples: [url removed, login to view] )
- Flow in text and style according to pre-set style sheets
- Select photos from an image bank and arrange (with the text) coherently and attractively in the layout, paying close attention to document styles and positioning but ensuring variety between pages.
- Add mapping files to the layout, and any other elements requested by the Project Leader
- Send PDFs (in small batches) to the author for approval of layout, subsequently reorganising the pages if required.
- References/portfolio of previous work required
- First language must be English.
- Good internet connection essential.
- Experience of page design in InDesign essential.
- CS5 or above preferred (please state which version you have).
- An interest/knowledge of railways an advantage, but not essential.
- Must be comfortable and confident in communicating directly with the Author, and liaising with the Project Leader.
- Must be able to start by 8th April, and be available until 21st June.
A shortlist of candidates will be asked to create a sample spread based on materials supplied.
29 freelancers are bidding on average £1730 for this job
Hands-on expertise and Indesign CS5.5 and 6. Able to deliver both print and digital editions such as ipad, kindle etc. Very strong in print design. Please refer pmb for some of the work done in the past. Regards
Hi, I am a professional graphic designer from the UK, many years experience, I would be delighted to work with you on your project, message sent to you...
Hello, I am interested in your project. I have 15 years experience in graphic design and work professionally with InDesign. I work with closely communication. Please check PM for more details.
Guaranteed professionally creative and efficient with excellent quality design work. I understand your needs and will definitely provide satisfactory outputs for you. Kindly check my portfolio at PMB. Thank you.