2nd generation product design from an existing product
This project was successfully completed by airadesign for $722 USD in 14 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
Completed In14 days
Apex Power is currently manufacturing a solar lantern in China. We have added a lot of features to it since it was first introduced into the market. However, with all these extra features, the capacity of solar panels and battery is almost topped up without any more capacity for improvement.
I am interested in designing a product that'll be based on the same design concept but will have a lot of added features. I am not interested in total revamping of the design. As with any other 2nd generation product, this product should have a feel and look based on the original product but at the same time provide additional capacity and features.
The main unique selling points of the product are
1. Lights and mobile phone chargers
2. Solar and electricity charging outlets
3. Product that performs and delivers what it promises
4. Very attractive design and very sturdy workmanship.
Here are the upgrades - in essence
1. Larger capacity for batteries
2. Bigger panel sizes
3. Added feature of radio and USB music players
4. Battery indicator on the side
5. Water proof sleeve design of silicon
6. Bigger and brighter light
7. Extendable ports for lights - that can be plugged into the main unit and have 5 meter of extension cords. These extension lamps are part of design deliverable.
More innovative idea are welcome during the design stage.
UNDERLYING FEATURE: NO SHARP EDGES IN DESIGN.
I am interested in having a complete design along with mold design. Also design should have elements of material selection if possible with structural integrity simulation - if possible.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online