We are setting up an email marketing vertical and need help in configuring our own email server to send emails out.
We have already got our own servers, domain name and have purchased the Atomic Mass Mailing software. Through initial testing we are facing the most basic problem of all our emails going into spam (we have tested so far only on our own domain).
Key for us now is the following:
1) Set up Email server so emials get delivered
2) Link up flyers sent out with our website to improve website visibility
3) Provide users options to unsubscribe, forward to friends who can then subscribe etc.
4) Tracking of the emails so that we can analyze what is working and not working
5) Design basic template that we can change/alter to send out to our clients thereafter
6) Enable recipients to click "Yes, I'm interested" button on email so that we can track in real time the people that are interested
Once this phase of the project is over, there is a great scope to add a whole functionality of web based ordering for our clients, CRM integration etc.
Please keep in mind that we are looking to develop a long term relationship with a programmer/group of programmers.