I'm looking for a Java expert to troubleshoot an applet that does "silent" printing. It currently runs fine on Windows, but misfires on Mac OS X. In addition to Java experience, ideal candidate would also have experience with PDF libraries.
This will likely involve research, trial and error, and experimentation (assuming I am not contacted by someone who has done this before). I will pay you an hourly rate to work on it (up to 4 hours), plus a bonus if you get the issue resolved. If you work on it but can't fix it I will expect a detailed report on what fixes you pursued.
- Read the code of the jar file (and run it) and come up with a shortlist of possibilities.
- Try to figure out why it doesn't work on Mac OS.
- Fix the problem without creating new ones.
- Don't violate any licenses involved with PDF libraries.
- Share with me what avenues you pursued.
I chose $40/hour as a ballpark figure. I would pay more to someone with the right experience and expertise. If you work on it but don't resolve it at $40/hr you get $160. If you do fix it you will get your hourly rate plus a bonus of $150. (If it takes you less than four hours and you want to be honest about that, feel free.)
I will ask you to sign a basic NDA.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the time frame
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work