I am in need of an application that will capture an element on the screen when clicked with a mouse.
The application should:
- capture to PNG or JPG files
- capture only images or webcams
- capture only the image area and not the containing window
- be able to toggle capture mode on/off
- when in capture mode, outline the object to capture with a blue highlight
- timestamp the filename
- set path in preferences menu
- set preferred capture format in preferences menu
- be light-weight... splash screen on startup, but other than that virtually invisible
I am also interested in a Windows version of this software. If this can be done with Java to make it cross-platform, then I will consider it. Bonus points for being able to create this application in C# to run in the "system tray."
Source code to be provided at project completion.