Simple Web Based Chess Multiplayer Game Needed
This project received 14 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $802 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
We are launching a Multiplayer Cash Gaming Website and require some web-based multiplayer games for it. It is basically a website where members will be able to play web-based games against other members for real money. As monetary transactions are involved, security of the gaming system is the main priority. We will explain it to you.
The web design, backend (php) and database (mysql) part of the website is being done separately. So you do not have to worry about it. You just need to concentrate on gaming part.
For this project we require only one game - CHESS. So please place your bid only for one game. If everything goes fine, we will definitely take your service in future for additional games at additional price. So we need it for Chess only right now.
We require the gaming architecture as follows:
- Lobby : You are required to create a game lobby where logged members will assemble and see which other members are online, which chess table are available to join, create new chess table e.t.c. The lobby should be only for Chess. Other games later would have their own lobby. The lobby should be multi-tab, so that when a member starts a chess game, it opens up in a new tab. This way a member can play multiple chess games in different tabs, against multiple players. You may suggest more ideas into this.
- Game : You have to create the game (Chess) which will be multiplayer (2 player for chess). Both player should be able to play against each other. Also both player should be able to Text-Chat against each other while the game is on. Also the member who setup the chess table should be allowed to customize the game, like total time limit of game, time limit per move and other stuffs possible.
- Data Post and Get : The gaming system should post data back to the backend of the website. In simple words, the system will have to inform a webpage whenever a chess game table is setup, a chess game starts, a chess game ends, which player won and who lost and all such data which is required for updating in the database. The system should fetch data from a webpage to get details of the members like the money balance, ratings, total points of member, last 5 game details and such info. In total the gaming system should communicate with the back-end of the website. Experienced programmers should be able to understand what we require.
The gaming system should be easy to use, so that members do not spend lots of time trying to understand what to do.
You can check out the Yahoo Games website as a reference. We are talking something like it - [url removed, login to view]
IMPORTANT: As this website is based on real money, the security of the gaming system needs to be HIGH PRIORITY. The system should not let any kind of hacking or exploitation. Please use PMB to discuss the security part of this project in details.
Some technologies which we found that could be used for creating the gaming system are:
1. Flash Based (Adobe Media Server / Flash Communication Server)
2. Flash Based (SmartFoxServer)
3. Java Based
4. AJAX Based
We have found out that the gaming system is possible through these systems. Out of the 4, we found out that the Java Based solution might be most secure. Flash based solution should be easier to create and deploy, however Flash based games can be hacked easily using a decompiler and then the hacker could exploit the system.
If you have any other way out, please use the PMB and send us complete details.
PLEASE USE PMB (Private Message Board):
No matter whichever solution you think is best, kindly use PMB and inform us in full details on how you are going to do it. Give details on how the security will be fully maintained. Also send us any extra idea you could add to our project, which could benefit us.
Remember right now we need just 1 game - CHESS. If things go fine, we have many many games to be done in future. So bid and provide sufficient details for the project completion.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online