I want to download the mark sheets of school students of my area. I have their roll numbers.
The site concerned is [url removed, login to view]
Can you assist me with a Java program that presents roll numbers to this site & save the
displayed HTML mark sheet in a file (named by the roll number).
The roll numbers are saved in a text file & should be read from the same.
The program / script can be written in any language: Java, PHP, Perl, Python, C, etc.
- The script should be able to store the response html "as-is" as a flat file.
- It and should be capable of running on Linux servers. Windows-only solutions are not required.
- A configurable sleep is required between requests to avoid overloading the destination server.
- The script should be self-correcting to detect errors and should be capable of running minimal supervision.
- Script should detect and skip responses where a result has not been found.
- It should be able to take the input roll-numbers as an algorithm. Example: in a six digit roll number, the values of first two characters could be in the range A-Z and the subsequent digits would vary between 0-9 or some such configurable alphnumeric combination.
- Besides a configurable programmed roll number selection, it should also be capable of reading the roll numbers from a text/csv file and use them as input.
33 freelancers are bidding on average $96 for this job
i can do it. I am good at such data extraction project and have done several projects like yours. I can extract all data and write them into XML, Excel or Txt file.
Hi, I have 10 years+ commercial Java development experience and am a Sun Certified Java Programmer (Java 5). I have 9 years experience working with HTTP client programs and can delivery this very quickly.
i study about 4 years in java programing and educated computer engineer. you want to run it platform independence and is there any best choice other then java?
I will provide the java project that will extract the HTML pages and save them to files. The project will take the roll numbers' file as an input and send the query to the site