Ecommerce website changes
This project received 14 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $ USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Website : [url removed, login to view]
I am a programmer myself and have built an online store for girls clothing and accesories using Java, JSP, JSTL tags, HTML, Javscript, AJAX, Spring framework, Spring JDBC, Spring MVC, MySQL, Apache tomcat & Maven. The website is online for last 2 years. I need some enhancements/changes done in the store for which I want a developer. I am ready to guide all the way through the development but I don't have the time to do the code changes myself so need a developer. Lots of coding is already done to make the website functional that can be referred by the developer.
High level of summary of the changes required:
1) Implement SKU level pricing : Each dress/item in the website is represented as a LOT in the system. Each size of the dress is represented as SKU (Stock Keeping Unit). Current pricing in the website is at the lot level which means all the dress sizes have the same price. I need to change the pricing to SKU level for more flexible pricing. This will require change in the Admin pages, page where sizes are displayed & correct price displayed in shopping basket depending on what size is chosen.
2) Abandoned shopping carts : Save the user shopping cart into database. Track abandoned shopping carts (where user left without purchasing). Send email chasers to the users for paying up. Email sending framework is already build up in the system and can be used for sending emails.
3) Order capturing: Payment processors like Paypal etc. provide all the customer shipping data etc when a user does a purchase. This data needs to be stored in the database. Database tables are designed code needs to be written to insert the data in DB. Sending Order status update emails to the customer on status changed by CSR (customer sales representative). This data needs to be displayed on a page for the CSR & Admin with two different views where price not displayed in CSR view.
4) Changes in Admin pages : Add few new fields on the insert/update Admin page and store it in the database. I recently added sorting facility on the website like user can sort the dresses depending on the style of the dress. For ex: Short sleeves dresses, Without sleeves dresses,etc. DB changes are done for these but the some provision needs to be provided in the Admin pages. Admin pages are already there but would need some changes for this. Other fields will be the amount of different types of fabric and accessories goes in making a dress to link with the dress this will help in maintaining the raw materials.
5) Dress details page changes : Currently the page for a dress details look like
[url removed, login to view]
I want the page to look like [url removed, login to view] I can get the page design done by the web designer if it is difficult for the developer to do it but the coding work will needs to done by the developer like on a color change of the dress pick the related dresses and display on the right hand side, click on the main image displays an enlarged image, etc. Apart from that their will be some new form fields will be added on this page so that if customer wants to purchase a customized size then they can enter the dimensions for chest, waist, bust,etc. Like the custom fields available on this page [url removed, login to view]
Click on Made to Measure tab to see the custom fields I want.
6) User tracking framework: Capturing what source, location, etc is user coming from like Google search Bing search etc, what keywords user searched for and which page it landed, actions user performed on the website. Generating reports for user actions. Some design is already done for this.
7) Provision to capture expenses incurred on various things like manufacturing, advertising ,etc. and generate PnL reports.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online