JavaFX Browser Plugin to generate thumbnails
This project received 4 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $238 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
1. GOAL: build a JavaFX Browser plugin to generate video thumbnails using FFMpeg
(please note it needs to be a browser plugin. It cannot be a local web server, but I'm happy to consider other options other than JavaFX -Flex?-)
2. The plugin will be displayed just in a in a normal HTML page.
3. The User Interface will be only 1 small screen, and it will have the following input fields:
3.1. Source Video file (to be selected by the user from his local hard drive)
3.2. Output path (to be selected by the user from his local hard drive)
3.3. Gap between thumbnails
3.4. Start Time (zero if not entered)
3.5. End Time (end of file time, if not entered)
3.6. Cancel Button
3.7. Accept Button
4. Once the user clicks Accept the thumbnails are generated. To achieve so, the JavaFX plugin :
4.1. invokes an appropiate FFMpeg java classes wrapper (eg: [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view])
4.2. directly executes command-line statements to execute ffmpeg
What would you recommend? Any suggestions are welcome
5. Thumbnail images are generated with the pattern [MyVideoFile]_[hhmmss].jpg
(eg: if the video source file name is [url removed, login to view] then the thumbnail file name taken at 5 minutes and 3 seconds will be named: [url removed, login to view])
6. Once thumbnails have been generated in the user local computer, they need to be sent to the web server. How can this be achieved?
A. All source code
C. Simple document describing how the code works
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online