Simple Java GUI app for an ISO 8583 sender and receiver simulator
This project received 6 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $342 SGD.Get free quotes for a project like this
** With your bid, should also send a PM to answer the follow question **
You will not be consider if you do not provide this answer.
This project require working knowledge of ISO 8583 & [url removed, login to view] BER. This step is a verification of knowledge so as not to waste anyone's time.
Please breakdown the follow message into ISO8583 MTI, bit map, and each data elements
see attached [url removed, login to view]
first 2 byte : length in BCD format
next 5 byte : ( need not bother in this case )
followed by the ISO8583 data.
This project is the first phase for the development of a fully functional simulator to support testing for a ISO 8583 gateway.
Successful freelancer for this phase will have priority to be invited to develop additional features and thus have continued additional earnings.
The objective of this project develop a simple pair of sender and receiver simulators for ISO 8583 message.
This 2 simulators shall form the basis where additional function will be added later.
In this phase, the developer is to develop a simple Java GUI application with the following functions:
1. User select the message file from a list to send and trigger the send
2. Application should read a message content file (see attached sample file), create an ISO message and send the message to the destination IP & port
3. Application should wait to receive a response message back.
4. Once message received, it should log the response (configurable where to direct the output - normally screen and text file)
1. The receiver should be listening on the configured port for incoming connection and receive message.
2. (In the next phase we would add ability to send & receive 0800 logon and keep alive message on the receiver, but this is not necessary for now)
3. Upon receiving the message, the ISO 8583 message should be parsed and written as a message content file (see attached sample file)
4. Based on the received message, the reciver will create a response message to be sent back to the sender.
5. The logic for the response message shall be a fixed content for this phase. In future would depend on other logic
The folowing should be used:
slf4j & log4j for login to screen and text file
Use swing for gui (or javafx would be great)
Some parser and format routines can be shared to the developer to shorten development. However developer cannot depend that the routines are absolutely correct. If any error is found, developer must still fix it and not claim they receive the routine from us.
If developer is using any opensource library, please inform us as we need to verify the compatibility of the license.
The sample format attached may be changed is the developer is able to propose a better format. But this has to be agreed.
The developer must provide the completed binary for our testing.
Test shall consist of
1. Send completed binary to employer for testing. (By developer, send to employer for testing)
2. Create a test data set to be sent and received by the completed product (By employer)
3. Validate the output (By employer)
This is basically a initial trial project to find a competent freelancer.
More features are planned for this application. Successful developer will have priority to be invited to develop these additional features and thus additional earnings.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online