Map Plotting Site (Google Map API or BING Map)
- Status Closed
- Budget N/A
- Total Bids 23
A Google Map or BING Map website application needed to plot hotel locations.
(Alternatively, a standalone application could be developed using MapPoint 2010).
A list of hotels will be provided containing the hotel number, hotel name, hotel brand and the GPS latitude/longitude coordinates. A well-designed, easy to use, and wizard-driven user interface is a must. The application to be developed needs to create an input screen so that data from the table can be input into those fields and output on a map incorporating the following features:
1) Plot hotels on map using call-outs to be displayed as either a number or a logo. The map could be as large as North America or as small as a city block.
2) Call-outs: the first call-out box (i.e. #1 or the first logo) should be red and slightly larger than subsequent hotels. The other call-outs should be blue.
3) Display call-outs on a road map or an aerial map at user’s option.
4) Zoom-in / Zoom out - map needs user sizing capabilities; call-outs should re-sized proportionately.
5) Print function to enable printing map to a pdf, jpeg, or other applicable file format.
Hotel data may be provided as an excel file and Logo data may be provided in a separate file in either jpeg or eps file formats.
The application is envisioned is to be a password-protected module that can standalone or be incorporated in another website. In either case, it should be designed to access the logo file from a server. Examples of both the number and logo maps are given in the attached file below.
Note to Bidders: Phase I of this project requires the user to input the hotels to be mapped; a second phase of this project is envisioned to be an enhancement that provides a system that allows the user to select which hotels to map (Phase II description in attached file). If you are also able to complete Phase II, please indicate Phase II bid separately in your response.
Specific expertise that I am seeking:
You should have experience designing software applications with open APIs (Google Earth/Maps) and using the latest technologies for web applications. As part of their bid, bidders will suggest which tools are best for this project and submit screenshots of your previous work.
Payment will be made once all deliverables are met, installed and tested. Please only experienced web designers with good ratings bid. If you are unable to perform or do not agree to the terms, please do not bid project.
Thank you for for your interest in the project.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online