2D Adventure Game (Prototype Only)
This project was successfully completed by gsmtech for $65 USD in 3 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Project Budget$30 - $100 USD
Completed In3 days
I am intending to develop a prototype for non-commercial project, that is a game-based learning application on Android platform for Science subject, targeting 12 years old kids (Standard 6).
The intended flow of screen/activity are as follows:
1. Splash Screen
2. Menu Screen (Play Game, Take Quiz, Option to set difficulty of questions) - upon entering Main Menu screen, user will first be prompted whether he is a
new player (first-timer) or a returning player (have played before) If it is a new player, he will enter his name, and a user profile will be created in SQlite
DB. Then, he will be directed to Topic Selection Screen.
Else, if he is a returning player, he will be prompted a personalized message which includes - last played date/time, topic chosen, score of the topic
played before (all retrieve from SQLite DB). Just to remind him as to where he had left. Then he will be directed to Topic Selection Screen.
3. Topic Selection Screen - User will have to choose only between 3 topics (for prototype purposes) which will direct him to the Adventure Game screen (it
will be the same adventure game, only different background, and different Mystery Box content (subject to the topic chosen).
4. Adventure Game - It features 2D Adventure Game but it will have an additional feature. Apart from collecting the usual coins, user will have to collect 5
Mystery Boxes, which contains topic-related notes on Science Subject (requires SQLite DB to store questions). Each time when user collect the
mystery box, the game will pause and show the collected note, and resume when user click 'resume'. This is to enable user to read the notes before
proceeding. The game will only have 1 level as it is only for prototype purposes. After finishing the particular level, user will be directed to a quiz where
their knowledge will be tested based on the Mystery Box notes.
5. Quiz - For the quiz, it will be like the simple quiz game, where 10 questions will be asked with 4 answer options (questions and answers stored in
SQLite DB), and the difficulty of the question shown in star rating; 1 star=easy, 2 star=medium, 3 star=hard. Then,a detail result analysis will be shown
(right and wrong answer, list of questions, attempted answer and correct answer). This quiz result will be stored in SQLite DB and retrieve back when the
player returns next time (refer no.2).
Note: The whole application will be horizontal-oriented and build for Android mobiles. The Adventure Game should not be high graphic/lengthy complicated, just a simple game that have enemy, collect coins, collect mystery box in just 1 level, no next level. It is more focused on its functionality.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online