Create a web component / plugin to run print jobs
This project received 13 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $575 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
A component or web plug-in is needed for an existing web app to enable the ability to print html reports to a system printer in the form of print jobs. This component will have no UI. It's only task is to execute print jobs as per the requirements below:
- The print preview/confirmation dialog box needs to be bypassed as the print job should not require interaction.
[url removed, login to view]([
"[url removed, login to view]",
"[url removed, login to view]"
- I'm open to any technology / api to use for the component but prefer a solution which works in a cross browser environment and allows for easy upgrades. A few choices:
1. Active x,
2. Java applet,
3. Firefox extension,
4. Local service listening to socket requests on specific ports.
5. Local service listening to custom url protocol: app://print/url=[url removed, login to view]
- The component will print the rendered html from the passed url as the user would see it on the browser and not its source code.
- If the component is a web plugin, it will be hosted in the same domain as the web app or the print urls to avoid cross-domain restrictions. and we need to allow for the component to be signed/trusted.
- The final deliverable is expected to be fully demo-able. A dummy html page with a "print" button will be enough to showcase the printing of some sample url.
Please share your feedback on the choice of technologies you'd use to design the component as it will help decide on the bidding process.
Based on the quality of the final deliverables, you'll be favored for future projects.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online