Convert a simple sequential program to parallel
This project was successfully completed by lambduh for $83 USD in a day.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Completed In1 day
I have a simple application written in Java (less than 100 lines with comments).
It finds the determinant of any NxN matrix in a sequential order (one thread only).
It does that by calling a function recursively until the matrix is 2x2 then it finds the determinant.
I need somebody to create a parallel version of it, meaning that, the code would work in multi-threads not only in one thread.
It could be done using the Fork/Join techniques (which is a parallel version of familiar divide−and−conquer algorithms).
I'll send you the code after the award, or by PM if requested.
- You must be an expert in Java and techniques of recursion and multi-threading.
- You must know how Determinants work mathematically, to be able to understand the code.
- The running time of the new parallel version MUST be faster than the current sequential one.
- I prefer using a library called "JSR166" (found here: [url removed, login to view] under the heading "maintenance updates", and I also attached a good paper explaining it). However, if you will use your way you should be 100% sure that it's good and powerful.
- I need the project to be done in 1-2 days maximum, less is better and has the priority to award.
- My budget is $100.
- You should explain the code to me and fix any problem arises. I need a quick communication.
- The code must run on Eclipse and must be commented, clear and simple.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online