1. The Task
Implement a piece of software for a store selling televisions. You must choose a name for this store and this name should be displayed on screen. The software should be capable of adding new televisions to the list by recording each television's product name, price and screen size. It should then be possible to display this list and search it for suitable televisions based on either screen size or price.
Ideally it should also be possible to modify this list and remove items from this list.
The task that you have to complete has been described in broad terms only. You are free to decide upon the precise specification of the system that you produce. You should give due consideration to the actual functions that your system is to perform, and the nature of the user interface. The assignment provides enough flexibility for you to add to the basic specification and introduce additional complexity. All tasks must be implemented entirely in Java and should not use additional software components such as databases.
The detailed description of your own specific system must be submitted with your documentation (see deliverable 2 below).
The following items should be submitted.
1. A zipped folder containing the source files for your application. The folder should contain only files with the extension .java, and no other files, unless you have made use of additional images or sound clips, in which case these should be included. It is your responsibility to ensure that all relevant files are present in the folder and contain the correct information.
A Word or PDF document containing:
2. A description of the system that you have implemented. This should explain the various functions that your system is able to perform. This description should also make clear any additional features that have been implemented over and above the basic specification provided. A user manual consisting of screen shots should also be provided.
3. A UML diagram for each of the classes in your application along with their associations.
4. The source code, suitably commented and indented.
3. Marking Criteria for the main 70% range (deliverable 1)
Meeting the basic requirements 20
Meeting the additional requirements 10
Making extensive use of Classes and Objects 10
Incorporating input validation routines 10
Providing a Graphical User Interface 10
Providing additional features* 10
*please highlight any additional features in the documentation submitted
TO BE DELIVERED IN MAXIMUM OF THREE DAYS