I need a program designed that will let writers come up with better wording for their work.
The program must be simple, and will work as such:
1) User inputs text - program has to recognize formatted / unformatted text (plain or HTML), and have a WYSIWYG option.
2) The program then scans the text at the click of a button, and identifies every noun, adjective and verb.
3) After identifying each noun/adjective/verb, the program runs a 3-thread query through a thesaurus API (you will have to find these - I'm not a programmer) and presents options to the user, word by word.
4) The user has 3 options:
#1 - change the word if he sees the thesaurus offer a better one
#2 - keep the word that the user has originally put in place
#3 - quit the query and go back to the text/html editor (code or WYSIWYG).
5) At the end, the program gives a quick summary of the changes that were done (something like, "you changed 17 out of 854 words").
6) Program has to have a save functionality - txt or html.
Needs to be Windows / MAC compatible, and have a user-friendly GUI. Should have an installer/uninstaller, compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7.
I can submit hand-drawn design ideas for how the GUI will look so you can write code around that.