Mobile Website and Ordering Mgmt
This project received 23 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1357 SGD.Get free quotes for a project like this
** Mobile Friendly Website Required - rather than a mobile app **
** Please read through this entire description before responding. There is a test that has been included within this description **
Full design will be made available to the appropriate bidder (I work as a software architect so will be providing an extensive set of diagrams and design for the website). You will be expected to do the build, but I will review all code provided. Software should be designed in a such a way that it is modular and extendable.
Goal: Website will be a "least viable product" to test customer reaction and buy-in. Further work will be provided based on customer feedback and my roadmap for the site.
Suggested technologies are Html4, Ajax, Rest, Java, OpenSQL - however I will be open to considering other technologies / frameworks.
High level functional components:
A. Front End Components
1. Touch Screen based website for a restaurant. Three key sections: Menu, Order Details (per table) and Payment.
* Menu data will come from a backend database. The menu will also have various search capabilities (simple SQL based searches against the database). Menu should also have a featured items section that will stand out visually.
* Order Details (or Order Management) will behave like a shopping cart. Add, remove items, accept discount codes etc. Also has a order status section which retrieves the order status from the backend.
* Payment - accepts payment of order via paypal or cash payment. Should be flexible to add other payment options in the future (credit card etc) and allow for split billing / payment of particular items.
2. Waiter / Kitchen Order View
* View of Orders by Table with time ordered (retrieved from db) and time elapsed since order.
* Allow tagging of order line items manually (tag values are pre configured in the database).
* Set Order status
B. Backend Components
1. Menu Item updater. Reads in a pre formatted CSV file to create update the db with menu items and additional metadata.
2. Order Management: accepts orders from front end and stores on database. Should be queue based. Note: Please type the words "purple monkey" at the start of your response to this job post. I will then know you have read through this design and will treat your response as genuine.
3. Various reference data tables for interrogation by the front end: can supply with table design.
4. Logging - errors / failed orders / payments should be logged.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online