Android multiplayer trivia game
This project received 15 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $ USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Development of an android multiplayer trivia game
The task is to develop a multiplayer trivia game for the android platform. ([url removed, login to view])
This is the start of a long term project, so we are looking for developers who can provide good service as well as high quality software.
About the game.
All logged in users get randomly grouped for a game.
Users in such small groups will have to answer questions from different categories and difficulty levels. They can choose from several possible answers (multiple choice). The time they need to answer inflicts the points they get as a reward, so the countdown timer also lowers the points they might get.
After all questions have been finished, the points gained are converted into experience points towards the user accounts.
It is as simple as this.
What should happen serverside ?
At the serverside a java application will have to be created which shall reside inside an applicationserver (preferably JBOSS).
- manages all logged in users,
- groups all users who are ready for a game into groups for a new game (preferably with similar experience level),
- starts a game,
- controls the game flow (provides questions, validates answers, assignes points)
- converts game result points towards user experience points (stored at the userdata)
- promotes the winner
- keeps track of simple statistics (user of the day, week, month, year; games per day ond so on)
There has also be a database to be created at the server.
It shall contain all user data (names, email addresses, login, etc.) and all game data (i.e. categories, questions with possible answers, statistics etc.)
The questions will be drawn from a database which helds questions, sortable by category, difficulty and language. We are currently thinking about a datamodel for a multilanguage version - but that should be no problem if you follow internationalization standards dring the development process)
Now comes a very important part !
Transmission from the client to the application server and vice versa has to be done via SOAP webservices.
The SOAP webservice has to be secured (as for transaction and auth&auth).
In general all communication from and to the server has to be done via SOAP webservices.
A management application is also needed to create, delete and alter userdata and gamedata. Principally the webservices and APIs have to be created and authorized clients can access it.
The API will be agreed between both us and the developer.
The project should include the development of :
- the serverside game application
- the serverside management application
- the clientside (android) game application
- a simple management client (eighter a Java or webbased PHP client, it is not so important due to the fact, that it just leverages the web API of the management application)
- game graphics (the graphics should be simple still pictures or simple tweened animations. If you can't provide the artwork make it clear in your bid statement and I would have to provide the artwork)
The developer should:
- use our subversion repository to store the software
- provide descriptive inline documentation of the source code
- provide documentation using javadoc conventions and metatags
- sign a non-disclosure agreement
All payments are subject to an agreed milestone plan.
If you want your bid to be considered :
- provide your experience, references (comparable to this project) and current location.
- make clear if you would sign a non-disclosure agreement prior to the development contract.
- provide your estimated costs. I currently set no precise limit. The project limit is just a guideline. Quality and service is FIRST, price is second.
A long term partnership is strongly encouraged, because we would like to expand this project afterwards and add a lot of new features.
So you are encouraged to provide your hourly rated so we can estimate our long term costs.
- feel free to ask all your questions ahead of your bid.
A deeper insight into the project details is only possible upon request or after signature of the NDA.
I am looking forward to your bids and offers.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online