This project is for creating some minor fixes to an Open Source software which I invented that is available at: [url removed, login to view] Application has currently only been designed to work for Windows.
I have an input file of 60403 lines of English text. The software currently outputs this English text differently for each language. E.g. French outputs 60404 lines, which is wrong. Arabic outputs 3751 very long lines, which is also wrong. Spanish, Russian, German all output correctly with 60403 lines, so these can be used as a model to understand the languages which do not output correctly. I am ONLY interested in translation from English to the other language pairs, not vice-versa.
Currently, each language is being fixed manually through Java code, instead a general system of rules needs to be made which allows correct output of lines of every language, especially where a new Google Language may be added to the [url removed, login to view] file at a later date (since Google releases new language pairs frequently).
This general system could be added to the [url removed, login to view] settings file that contains the language pairs with an additional translation output option for each language e.g. English - Output Option 1, German - Output Option 1, French - Output Option 2 etc.
In the form of an options dialogue through the software which lists a number of output options to apply in order to output an existing or new language correctly. I am open to suggestions in case the developer has a better idea of achieving this requirement.
Bottom line is: Input is 60403 lines and therefore output should be 60403 lines.
(1) Create a general system of translation output options for each language pair, as described above
(2) Add in these additional Google Translate language pairs into the [url removed, login to view] settings file: Afrikaans, Belarusian, Haitian Creole, Icelandic, Irish, Macedonian, Malay, Swahili, Welsh and Yiddish
(3) Test thoroughly output of all languages in the software. It takes 1 hour to test each language and there are 51 languages, thus it shall take 51 hours to test all the languages. I am happy to split this time with the winning developer and help test some of the languages output.
ALL BIDDERS PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE BIDDING:
* All bidders should demonstrate they are experienced Java coders with a vigorous understanding of XML and an excellent command of the English language
* All bidders must have gone through the above requirements and understood the existing code available at [url removed, login to view]
* All bidders must be able to complete these fixes successfully within a maximum of 7 days (not including testing of the languages - I shall allow 2 days extra for this)
* Bidders must have NO other projects they are currently working on which may distract them from finishing this project
* The winner developer MUST send a short progress email to me at the end of each day without fail and maintain regular daily communication. Failure to send me an update will have the consequence of me ending this project immediately
* A milestone payment will only be made to the winning developer who has demonstrated progress with the project. I will NOT pay anyone before they have done any work, although I'm happy to put money into escrow.
* I am a project manager, not a coder and therefore I expect the winning developer to be self-sufficient and highly creative in coming up with a solution that meets my requirements listed above, and not ask me basic questions.
* Winning bids will be in the region of $40-$50
* Assuming the winning developer does a good job, they will have a chance to work on further Java software projects up to the value of $500 and I can guarantee I shall treat them well and pay them well for the future!
I shall email the winning developer all the Java source code, Java compiled code and Input file.