We are looking for a Java developer to create an application able to group together image and video files based upon similarities. The module will accept a source directory containing various multimedia files and compare the visual and audial features in each, compared to all other files in the directory. The application will also have a second ability to search for files similar to a selected inputted file.
Please note: This position is similar to the other advertised position, but does not include audio sorting.
To application will need to be able to sort and search files based upon the following techniques:
1. Joint-Histogram analysis ([url removed, login to view]~rdz/papers/[url removed, login to view])
2. Fuzzy hashing
A Java application able to:
• Sort a directory (and files in enclosed subdirectories) of multimedia files based on similarity to each other file in the folder. The results will show batch groups of similar files together one after another.
• Search for similar files to a single inputted file
• Output the results of the sort using one of the following 3 methods (selected by the user):
1. By renaming the multimedia files with a select prefix (e.g. changing [url removed, login to view] to [url removed, login to view]).
2. By creating an XML file showing the file details and the order/position in which it appears once sorted in select tags (e.g. <new order>1</new order>).
3. By adjusting a pre-exiting XML file which current notes the order of the file. In this instance a copy of the original XML will be made and the tag that contains the old file order will need to be updated. Sample XML will be sent to shortlisted candidates.
• Complete the sort/search and output the results as fast as possible (must include multithreading)
• Work as accurately as possible
• Work efficiently
• Be run via a very simple GUI (design of which will be sent to shortlisted candidates), or through an API
- Must work on Windows, Mac and Linux
- Be developed in Java and able to be integrated into further scripts and applications
- Must perform efficiently, and with a good accuracy (including multithreading)
- Must be able to handle the sort and search of millions of files in the same scan
- All parts of this development must be free for commercial usage
- A simple usage guide, along with a selection of test data must be supplied to the project owner
- Must fast scan video (i.e. so it does not need to be played in real-time)
- Able to sort all common multimedia file formats
- All parts of this project must comply with applicable UK law
Please note fuller details will be sent to shortlisted candidates (GUI design, XML layout, sample files etc). Please feel free to suggest alternative sorting techniques, but these must be discussed and agreed by the project owner.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the time frame
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Bids on this Project
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Expert on Core Java, Java performance Have worked on Java applications - web and desktop apps. Have worked with SQL script - SQL Server, Oracle Good knowledge on Healthcare domain Good knowledge on Java frameworks - Struts, Hibernate, Spring
Thanh Hoa, Vietnam
1) Over 2 years of experience in software development, experience includes web based application development and client server technologies using J2EE technologies (JSP, Servlets, JavaBeans, JDBC, JNDI, Struts Framework and EJBs) to develop Enterprise software applications. 2) Over 1 years of experience as Research Assistant and experience of 6 months as Graduate Assistant and Instructor for digital logic lab at Texas State University.
Dear, My Potential Clients! My goal is to make You Win in the Internet world. With all of my competencies and creativity, I work hard to deliver an Excellent Competitive Solution to you. CMS Implementation: Kentico, Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla I have an experience in the following fields: - 7 YEARs EXP in Web: Ruby On Rails/Asp.Net/Php/Python, Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, Zen-cart, Magento, OsCommerce - Rich EXP in Client-Side Script: Bootstrap/BackboneJS/NodeJS/AngularJS/D3JS/Flash AS - Rich Knowledge in Php Frameworks: Magento/Prestashop/Zencart/Drupal/Wordpress - User-friendly and Responsive UI Support (Html5 + Css3 + JQuery) - Various API Integration: Twitter/Facebook/Amazon/PayPal - Mobile development (Web and native apps iOS/Android) Please contact me to discuss your idea. Anytime Welcome. Best Regards, Ma lu