Create a simple Java program similar to Linux tail command (http://linux.die.net/man/1/tail) - open to bidding
This project received 6 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of ₹983 INR.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget₹600 - ₹1500 INR
Hi Poornachand, My name is Narasimham, i'm a fresher in IT field.
Few days back i attend an interview as a Java Developer and every thing done perfectly But they are conducting some system test.
In that system test they are giving this program(Create a simple Java program similar to Linux tail command )
Please sir help me !! if this test pass i can get this job.
This job is very Urgent to me !!! please please..
1. Create a Simpletail command line program similar to Linux tail but with limited functionality. Linux tail manual is available at [url removed, login to view]
2. Simpletail must support at least the following functions:
- show last n lines of a file
- optional number of lines option
- help message
- error reporting in case of invalid parameter or file
Please note that live watch function (as in tail -f option) is not required.
>java -jar [url removed, login to view] -n 3 [url removed, login to view]
> return result;
>java -jar [url removed, login to view] –help
>usage: simpletail [-n lines] file
>java -jar [url removed, login to view] -n -1 [url removed, login to view]
>ERROR: invalid number of lines -n
3. Simpletail must be built as a standalone jar ([url removed, login to view]). Instructions must be provided and it should be easy to build.
4. Simpletail must be reasonably optimized. For example, reading whole file into an array and extract the tail is unacceptable.
Unit tests may be included.
5. Simpletail should contain a reusable tail API.
6. Simpletail should be able to handle Unix, Macintosh and Windows newlines.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online