Read/write Windows registry hives using Java
- Status Completed
- Budget $30 - $200 USD
- Total Bids 12
I need a 100% Java based library to read and write keys from a Windows Registry Hive. The data structure is not officially published by Microsoft but there exists research to help you understand how the registry hive is composed. I've done this work before in another language, I can provide code and guidance on how this is done.
You find an initial explanation of the registry hive at [url removed, login to view]://[url removed, login to view]
Hives are just containers of binary data.
- The main class should provide a simple test to all the features of the library
- The code should be able of working independent of the operative system, this means capable of working on Linux, Mac OS and Windows.
- The modified registry hive should be valid under Windows when using the command "[url removed, login to view]"
- Project should contain 4 milestones to ensure progress is well tested on each step
You need to use:
- A free SVN repository from [url removed, login to view] to share the code
- Use NetBeans IDE to create the project (this IDE has built-in SVN client)
If you do a good work, you get a bonus and good reference
Good luck.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online