Simple in-store kiosk with customer recognition through RFID tags
This project received 2 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of £250 GBP.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget£20 - £250 GBP
This project is a minor proof of concept to let customers entering a store receive an on-screen greeting after being recognized through an RFID tag (from a loyalty card they have inside their wallet).
1) At the entrance of the store, there will be a PC with Windows installed; this is acting as the kiosk with a large LCD screen.
2) You need to source a solution for proposed additional hardware we must purchase to get the RFID recognition up and running to support your software.
3) The program you will write must be able to write a username to the RFID tag for new customers, recognize existing members as they walk by the kiosk and if a member is recognized call an API to get details of what to greet the customer with (his/her name etc displayed on the screen)
4) The program should also be able to recognize products with an RFID tag (ex. A shirt or handbag), and as a customer walks by with it in their hand, present data from the API in relation to the product (ex. a picture of someone wearing the shirt).
Full documentation for the API will be provided as its a separate 3rd party application.
As an example of RFID reader/writer that you may suggest to use, see [url removed, login to view]
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online