In this project you are required to design and implement a word guessing game. In the game, user selects one of the available dictionaries (animals, plants, technical, names, etc. ), and the program randomly chooses one word from that dictionary and displays it by scrambling the letters. The user tries to guess the word while a guess counter starts to count down (lets assume it starts from 5). While counter counts towards zero, the program chooses –randomly- two misplaced letters and puts them into correct positions to reveal the word more and give the user a hint. However, giving a new hint reduces the total value of the question. Lets say if the initial value of the question is 500 when all letters are scrambled, it reduces to 400 after 1st incorrect guess and hint, then after every incorrect guess it reduces more. You can determine the value of the question by the length of the word. The other details of the game is as follows:
1. You must design at least three classes (for example game, scrambledword, and dictionary).
2. Dictionaries are written in text files. If you design a class for dictionary, it must be constructed by a user chosen category ((animals, plants, technical, names, etc). In the constructor, the dictionary text file corresponding to this category must be opened and read; and words in that dictionary must be read into memory (e.g. String array). You must submit your dictionaries with your code. Do not share dictionaries between friends.
3. The game will record your total points and name in a text file where a hall of fame which has different users and their total points in 10 questions. You can design and implement a class for this.
4. Put user interface modules textboxes, buttons, etc Or
a. Use class hierarchy
b. Use of thread and timers and reducing the question value by timer instead of guesses.
• Submit your fully commented code (.java) and dictionary files
• The neatness, indentation of your code does matter. It should be clear and easy to read.
32 freelancers are bidding on average $48 for this job
<<TOP RANKED JAVA PROGRAMMER>> I have done many similar projects before. I can create this word guess game. Please let me know if you have any concerns.
Hi Jpf, I am an Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE6 Programmer. I can complete all the requirements mentioned in the document in high quality and deliver it to you in 2 days. Best Regards, Bala
Previously I was involved with similar type of game development. I am working on java from last 4 years so I have contributed in designing and development of various projects.