word guessing game
This project received 33 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $48 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$10 - $30 USD
In this project you are required to design and implement a word guessing game. In the game, user selects one of the available dictionaries (animals, plants, technical, names, etc. ), and the program randomly chooses one word from that dictionary and displays it by scrambling the letters. The user tries to guess the word while a guess counter starts to count down (lets assume it starts from 5). While counter counts towards zero, the program chooses –randomly- two misplaced letters and puts them into correct positions to reveal the word more and give the user a hint. However, giving a new hint reduces the total value of the question. Lets say if the initial value of the question is 500 when all letters are scrambled, it reduces to 400 after 1st incorrect guess and hint, then after every incorrect guess it reduces more. You can determine the value of the question by the length of the word. The other details of the game is as follows:
1. You must design at least three classes (for example game, scrambledword, and dictionary).
2. Dictionaries are written in text files. If you design a class for dictionary, it must be constructed by a user chosen category ((animals, plants, technical, names, etc). In the constructor, the dictionary text file corresponding to this category must be opened and read; and words in that dictionary must be read into memory (e.g. String array). You must submit your dictionaries with your code. Do not share dictionaries between friends.
3. The game will record your total points and name in a text file where a hall of fame which has different users and their total points in 10 questions. You can design and implement a class for this.
4. Put user interface modules textboxes, buttons, etc Or
a. Use class hierarchy
b. Use of thread and timers and reducing the question value by timer instead of guesses.
• Submit your fully commented code (.java) and dictionary files
• The neatness, indentation of your code does matter. It should be clear and easy to read.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online