1) Opens automatically when the page is opened (pushing down all of the page content).
2) PNG file will be horizontally centered
2) Closes when the close button is pushed.
3) If the close button is pushed, it should set a session cookie "announcement_closed=true". If such a cookie is set, the banner should not open for that person again until they start a new session.
4) When it opens and closes there should be a simple transition as the banner slides open.
5) The png will be clickable
6) The final png will not be provided until Friday
It may be that this article will be useful:
[url removed, login to view]
I will provide more detail if you accept the project. The basic code must be working with a placeholder PNG by end of Lost Angeles business day on Friday (2 days). I will not pay unless the code is working in a test environment on Friday - this is very time sensitive.
On Friday/Saturday we will probably need to make very minor changes to the code such as changing the speed at which the push down closes.