Add a form/method that submits in Rails with AJAX
This project was successfully completed by yct21 for $15 USD in a day.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$10 - $30 USD
Completed In1 day
We're working on a project and need a bit of code written that does the following:
1. Submits a form via AJAX through a modal/lightbox.
2. Refreshes the main content to reflect the new data that was submitted.
Attached are two pieces of code. Here's the scenario.
We have a form ([url removed, login to view]) that allows a user to create a new book with a Title, Author, and Release Date. The form has a list of previously submitted Chapters (A book has many chapters with a number and a name). Within this form is a modal/lightbox (utilizes bootstrap). The modal allows the user to submit a new chapter to the book.
[url removed, login to view] is the controller for the Book. I've removed unnecessary code form it. You can see the current create/new methods - and a place holder for the create_chapter method. Chapters have the following attributes (book_id, name, number).
What I need done:
- Need to modify the [url removed, login to view] to utilize AJAX on the modal window to submit the new chapters. (around line 56 - says "FORM GOES HERE")
- Need to modify the [url removed, login to view] need to pull in the chapters to display on the page after they are submitted. (around line 34 - you'll notice the conditional loop)
- Need to add/modify the controller to accept and save the new chapters, and also do the appropriate refresh to the code (if needed here) to display the newly updated chapters.
1. This code will be reused on the edit method as well. Please keep this in mind.
2. We don't believe you need any more code than what's provided - but let us know if something would help.
3. Ask with questions. Please use the PM feature to do so.
4. We believe this should be a quick task for someone familiar with AJAX and tapping into JS in Rails. We're aiming to award in 1-2 days and receive final product in 1-2 days after, tops.
5. We put a budget of 10 - 30 dollars, which should be reasonable for the amount of work (couple of quick methods). Bid what you're comfortable with. We'll select a combination of low-cost bidding and ability to deliver fast.
Again - ask with questions. Thanks for reviewing this project and we look forward to working with you.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online