I'm working on a website template, containing a styled <select> element using a jQuery plugin ('nucombo').
Working demo can be found on [url removed, login to view] (see dropdown 'Alle regio's')
I'm having 3 problems with it:
1. The styled element is appended to <body> with absolute positioning, causing the element to float outside its container when the window is resized (see screenshot in attachment). Not good.
2. On another page I need two dropdowns, but apparently the nucombo plugin only supports one item. You can see the problem on [url removed, login to view] - the dropdowns aren't working as expected. Not good at all.
3. The dropdown doesn't close if I click on the topmost element, which is what I would expect from a proper dropdown. See attached screenshot ([url removed, login to view]). Not nice.
So what I need:
- Styled select element that stays in its position upon window resize.
- Possibility to use multiple instances on the same page
- Select box closes upon click in topmost element.
- It doesn't need to use nucombo, any other jQuery plugin is fine. It should look exactly as it looks now, though.
- IE6 should fall back to regular select element, IE7 and up should be supported.
Let me know if you need further clarification.