Alchimie LLC is looking for a talented freelance programmer that can assist our lead programmer in the encoding/redesign/update of an existing Java based GUI program to the Xojo Programming environment.
The program will be used for Mac, PC, and eventually IOS and Android deployment . We will give preference to programmers that have an extensive knowledge of Java and the Xojo programming environments.
You will be working around the US Eastern Standard (EST) time zone, and must be available during those working hours. Programmer availability within this time zone has been a problem with previous contracts, so if you are not available to reply and work per those business hours, please don’t submit a quote.
See the attached screenshot for the current design. Signing of NDA is required.
The existing program is used to update and backup a DJ mixing program database and its configuration files.
This allows a DJ to sync their existing media files such as (.mp3, .mp4, .wav) to leading industry DJ Programs.
The DJ program will then read these updates and modify the available and playable songs/playlists.
The following functions currently exist:
1. SYNC with Auto Update: Features Drag and Drop directly from file structure to the GUI. Drag one main folder or multiple folders to the GUI and sync them ALL to the DJ application.
2. Export to CSV : Export Song data from MP3 files meta tag data to a CSV file.
3. Add/Delete or Rename folder directories within the GUI.
4. Copy To Device: Copies selected directory structure to an external USB hard drive/Flash drive.
5. BACKUP DATABASE: Provides an Auto-Backup of the text based database structure.
6. FIND LOST FILES: GUI program feature that shows the difference of what’s in the text database vs. what is in the actual file structure.
7. Set Columns: Allows the user to reorder the column headings.
8. Import Database: reads from the existing DJ program’s config file and displays the structure in Program.
The programmer will be responsible for porting over the existing functions and assist with adding the following NEW functionality:
1. Implement an online subscription based service with log on from the program.
2. Implement an MP3 tag editor that can upload/download data to and from the online database to auto populate the MP3 tags.
3. Help implement on online database to hold user profile info, MP3 Tag data, History settings of played music.
4. Implement a desktop file scanner that can upload resulting scan to the online database.
5. GUI redesign.
This is a very basic description of what is needed. However, if you're available immediately to start on the project you will be provided with complete details. Please contact me with your availability and rate ASAP.
The programmer will need to:
1. Assess the existing Java GUI program code, create the interface and coding for the final product in the Xojo environment.
2. Install the free DJ software to test the newly created interface AND DOCUMENT the newly created GUI code as it progresses.
3. Ensure the PC/Mac versions work the same and package the final product to install on those platforms.
4. Be available for meetings via phone, Skype or similar meeting software. Turnaround on updates and replies to email is of critical importance.
5. Have access to both a PC and Mac for testing.
6. Work under direction of Lead Programmer.
7. Test the program to verify it works to specs.
8. Understand and implement calls to Database using existing API's.
9. Sign NDA before receiving full information of the project and project files.