Streaming App for Android and IOS platforms
- Status Closed
- Budget $100 - $1000 USD
- Total Bids 28
We are developers who have a project to develop a universal Android (run on phone, tablet, tv) and iOS app (iphone, ipad, airplay to atv) based on our database of media links.
The apps would:
1. Read from standard RSS feed of items where each item can be an image file (e.g. jpg), music file (e.g mp3), video file (e.g avi/mkv/mpg), stream (e.g. rtmp/http/rtsp), video from youtube/dailymotion etc, or another RSS feed of items
2. Display item thumbnail and other details of each item in the user selected feed. User may select from several different UI view options (e.g. coverflow/grid/vertical list/horizontal list etc).
3. Play individual media items or as a playlist/slideshow (e.g. "Play all on page") and allow users to create their own playlists.
4. Play media in background (or on another device e.g. ATV via Airplay) while user switches to other views or switches to other apps on the device
5. Allow sharing links to media via email, Facebook, Twitter, Google+
6. Allow users to download media for offline viewing
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience building custom mobile views (i.e. not the native master-detail views)
- Has experience with APIs/libraries for streaming video through RTMP with swf verification
- Has experience manipulating a variety of media formats using SDK (e.g. streaming avi, mkv etc formats on a native iOS app)
_ Has experince with playing/searching APIs for most of the popular video hosting sites: youtube, dailymotion, novamov, 4shared etc
- Has video related released apps which are currently on the app stores
- Communicates via Gtalk/Skype text chat regularly
- Good code quality and MVC structuring with reusibility in mind (given that the code will be running on tablets, phones, tvs)
If interested, please send us information about yourself (must be about you, the developer - not about the firm or about project manager) and samples of previous work that demonstrate your abilities. We will follow up with a detailed project specifications document and next steps.
As we are developer ourself, you won't need to make everything from scratch. We have done the ground work, web app.
You can either give us a quote for one of the two platforms or for both.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online