As shown in the title, we'll need you to write a small script that we can put on any page of our client's website and have them control it from a desktop control panel (CP) you'll create. It's a little floating banner that will have whatever variables (timing and actual offer) that we place into it using the CP.
1. The client designer will produce the (approx) 1in x 4in graphic(s)
2. Probably needs a cookie since they'd be going between pages and script should recognize the unique visitor, so the offer persists across pages as they navigate (until they hit X close).
3. Control panel for them to select various parameters including:
a. Position: Float position (choices of top left or right or bottom right)
b. Dimensions of message box. We can browse to select our bg image.
c. Actual message, which we'll key in (for example, "Call within the next 5 minutes and mention Code #_______ and you'll receive $X off your order (or free shipping etc) with ability to preview. They click to reveal their offer code.
d. Which page(s) triggers (& persist to show) that floating window offer, starting the countdown, ie offer shows when they first arrive at that/those page(s).
e. Offer FREQUENCY (how often that offer surfaces). We'll want to be able to select a range of time (eg 1 time every 60 mins).
f. Coundown TIMER period (ie we can set it to any number of minutes).
g. RANDOMIZER: We can have it either do "d" above (every customer opening a certain page triggers the countdown offer) OR "randomizer" which sets the timer to appear X number of times every Y minutes but at RANDOM times within those Y period.
h. The coupon code will always be unique and never repeat
i. We'll work with you to figure out a system where when customer calls with the code, the code itself will hold the expiration time and offer in encrypted form; decrypt the expiration in the control panel.
j. Control panel TABLE includes: Offer info, time info, ip, status (active or expired).
k. Control panel VARIABLES section allows to enter # mins, frequency, interval, period.
4. Should work on Mobile & Desktop and on Firefox, IE, Safari.
Bids up to $300 will be considered. Start your bid with words "real bid" and include any questions along with your preferred language/platform, and if you can easily do all features. Ask some good questions that show genuine interest.
Copyright © Dev LLP
1) Deliverables include final, approved (by buyer), bug-free version with matching source files. Project will be considered completed once employer has received, approved and verified these deliverables with full payment to follow.
2) Sign NDA prior to project award and work agreement on project award.
3) You will need to check in each day with progress & tasks completed, and post their work on your own server (just provide a link).
4) All deliverables will be considered 'work made for hire' under U.S. Copyright law. As with all freelance / work for hire employment, employer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased.
5) Programmer will be paid in full on completion via escrow. No other milestones.
6) If you do a great job and are a pleasure to work with, we always guarantee awesome reviews.
There's at Least a Couple Ways to Approach This:
1. ADOBE FLEX > PHP middleware > plugin a mix of php/HTML5/jQuery (no flash) as needed. Admin must be able to control everything from a Control Panel on his desktop that's very user friendly. Data will obviously need to be kept on client's web/server. So, in that sense. In the end, remember, it's about the floating coupon. So really the only part of this that is a "desktop app" is just the Control Panel, which details / tables we will provide you to have coded to the CP and database.
2. .NET etc.
Those are pretty much the 2 setups we'd be looking at. Thanks.