This project received 2 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $160 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$50 - $100 USD
Looking for some sample code to receive/send data to/from PDF inside Acrobat Reader to external XML web service and perform some JS actions based on received data. Doesn't have to be super pretty, just a clear example of how you can exchange data to/from PDF Reader from/to external XML web service. I am not running Adobe Livecycle but assume that I have an XML web service that can parse the XML receive/send requests. I am looking for client sample code. If this is more expensive and/or not technically feasible please post in your replies. Also let me know if something unclear. Thanks!
Specifically what I am looking for is a PDF that is readable in Acrobat Reader without plugins and has the following content/functionality:
• 1st page: two buttons male/female
• on clicking button, download data from external XML web service (internet based)
• 2nd page: unhide one of two text boxes depending on XML data downloaded (ultimately providing health advice based on male/female choice and XML data, but can just be random text for the sample code)
• write XML data back to web service once user has scrolled to 2nd page
Again mainly looking for sample code. Hopefully for someone with Acrobat JS experience this is not too challenging. If JS doesn't work, could also use Flash/Actionscript, though JS solution preferred.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online