Excel Macro to cut and paste data from Internet Explorer
- Status Closed
- Budget $30 - $100 USD
- Total Bids 4
I need to get a macro developed for Excel 2003 on Windows XP (or alternatively a VB Script or Java Script) which undertakes the following.
I need to copy all the contents from an Internet Explorer page currently being navigated and pasted into an Excel spreadsheet (the reason being that the Internet Explorer page would have various infromation that I need to manipulate into a slightly different format, and I want to make this as stream lined as possible rather than getting the user go and open a spredsheet, switch back to IE, copy contents, switch back to Excel, and paste it in).
I envsiage this working as an Excel macro as follow:
- Excel macro to be launched by a button located in a spreadsheet.
- Macro to switch to a specific instance of Internet Explorer (i.e. it would have a defined window name)
- The macro would then do the equivalent of Select All (CTRL-A) and Copy (CTRL-C)
- The macro would then paste the contents of that page into a seperate spreadsheet tab
- That's it. (I would write various formulas to manipulate the content that has been pasted into the appropriate format).
I appreciate that this may not be technically feasible within Excel (not sure if it can control other applications). I'm also happy for a VB Script or Java Script application which achieves the same result, i.e.:
- Script copies content of a defined Internet Explorer session (i.e. based on window name) currently open to the clipboard
- Script launches a defined Excel spreadsheet
- Script pastes the contents of the clipboard into an Excel spreadsheet.
I really don't care which method is used to achieve the result. I think it's quite simple to do, but just don't have the time to freshen up my skills.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online