Ruby on Rails Car Sharing Web App
This project received 21 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1738 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
we are a team of 2 programmers who would like to implement this project by ourselves, but cannot find the time to do it.
That's why, we need YOU: a passionate Ruby on Rails Man or Woman
to create a car sharing web application such as [url removed, login to view]
on which users can post and book trips. Unlike [url removed, login to view], users should use their social network accounts (facebook) to signup and login. We plan to use a postgresql database and deploy the application on heroku for testing.
Main Entities of the application are:
5. Booking System
The following list describes basic features which we want to have:
1. Users log in/sign up with their facebook account.
2. User accounts are linked to a phone number. This is the primary identification. A verification code is sent to the phone number via SMS (a mock implementation is enough)
3. Users have Profiles which extend the data from the social network.
4. Profiles can be viewed by Users
5. Users have virtual money which they can use to book trips.
6. Virtual money are given to Users upon transferring money to our paypal account.
7. Users can create Trips.
8. Trips include minimum 2 and maximum 7 Waypoints, Time for each of Waypoints and some additional info.
9. Trips can be viewed by Users
10. Users can search for Trips
11. Users can book Trips via the Booking System
12. Users can cancel their bookings or created Trips
13. Trips and Bookings belonging to a user are displayed in “My Trips” and “My Bookings” respectively.
14. Users communicate via Messages and Booking System. Messages and Bookings always reference a certain trip.
15. If User receives a Message, he is notified by email.
16. Users can create WishTrips. If a Trip created by another User matches the criteria of the WishTrip, a link to the Trip is displayed in User’s dashboard.
In order to make the work efficient, we will provide functional descriptions of all use cases, screenshots, and images for the UI implementation.
The code should be uploaded and managed via a free version of Bitbucket account.
Thank you for your consideration.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online