Web stock monitor
This project was successfully completed by whites11 for $250 USD in 14 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Completed In14 days
The application should be used to monitor stocks prices and will be expanded to allow a workflow process to investigate a stock and determine its intrinsic value.
There will be future projects to add style, design, features,and mobile features to the front end so I envisage a long relationship with a successful completion of the initial project.
The app will be hosted on heroku and written in ruby on rails, using haml, sass and full testing of every feature is expected. This initial application features are easily completed by any competent rails developer so it's the Infrastructure that is important.
Build an app that allows adding a stock ticker to a list, the ticker should be stored in the list with the following fields.
Ticker, name, previous days closing price, target buy price, target sell price, comments
The ticker and previous days closing price should be validated at yahoo finance.
The buy price, sell price and comments will be entered manually, on the same page. These fields are also editable.
Basic app infrastructure
1. Signup, email and password
2. Sign in using Facebook
3. Opening landing page will either display a sign up message or if already logged in a list of tickers being monitored with their current price (obtained from yahoo finance)
4. User management page to handle deletion of users and password regeneration
5. Signup validates the email address by sending a confirmation email, with link to confirm email identity.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online