This project is for US firms only. All project management and development must be done by US citizens.
This project is to design, and implement (the design), for a document search and presentation site. This is for site design only (HTML, CSS, JS), we've already implemented the server side (more below). Proposals must provide a "mockup" design, which will be the basis for acceptance - we may accept/award multiple proposals to have multiple designs implemented. We expect the process as follows:
- Proposals, with mockups, are submitted
- We accept one or more proposals
- Winning freelancer(s) will upload a Project Agreement that meets the terms detailed below
- After any negotiations complete, we approve the Project Agreement
- If the freelancer desires payment upfront, we will do this through SafePay only
- Work begins
- Deliverables are received, a final interface review is conducted, and a code review is conducted. If we are satisfied the Project Agreement has been met, we will promptly finalize payment
The application is a niche website aggregates news-like documents. These documents often have spatial and temporal characteristics (though not always), as well as other facets available through our search service (Apache Solr). There are (potentially) thousands of documents generated each day, and the GUI interface must provide an intuitive interface to search, discover, and display these documents. Document meta data can be retrieved though both REST (XML and JSON) and Solr search, and document XML can be retrieved through a REST interface. The stories that must be satisfied by the web site interface are:
- a user must be able to search for documents in which they are interest without training
- a user must be able to search/filter by spatial and temporal constraints
- a user must be able to review the search results and further tune/filter the search
- a user must be able to select a document for display
- a user must be able to navigate back from a document to their previous search results
As documents are evented to this system from external providers, there are no requirements to create or manage documents.
Non-functional requirements include:
- The web page must be responsive even when the results of a search may be numbered in the hundreds of thousands. As noted in the documentation, server-side facilities are available such as pagination support.
- The resultant page code must not be minified, obfuscated, or otherwise intentionally restricted for future editing. We will handle any minification for production.
- All source must be released under the Apache v2 license, we will not entertain any attempts to restrict maintenance and development under a proprietary contract.
- The complete product and deliverables must be completed by 26 April 2013. We may offer incentives (bonuses) for early completion during the Project Agreement, which is dependent on the award/bid price and the number of days the project is delivered early.
Project documentation is availble on request, after US citizenship is verified.