Google Map overlay of vehicle positions, position data comes from MY SQL database.
1. Displays location based on latitude and longitude, speed, heading and trip details from Database.
2. On loading the map displays a certain region we define by lat & long. When a user reloads keeps position they have selected if different from initial display.
3. Custom vehicle icons displaying heading as a line, name of vehicle and if possible last 10 minutes of route. Icon will point in the direction of travel.
If possible, each vehicle could have a different icon defined for it based on the vehicle ID number tied to each. This would be something we could edit. Fleet is around 180 different vehicles.
When clicking on the vehicle location on the map or the text name the full details are displayed in an information window with a picture if the id number is known.
4. All vehicles in the database are displayed by text name in a window next to the map. That list can be sorted ascending using these options: type, location, alphabetically by name or status.
5. Choice of maps: Map, Satellite, Hybrid, Terrain, Custom Map
6. All scripting will run on our Linux server and can be edited by our development staff. Scripting is owned by our organization.
7. All scripting must work with MySQL/PHP
Experience with Google maps preferred, please include link to past work.