CMS with username/password access and user login tracking (WordPress?))
This project received 35 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $315 AUD.Get free quotes for a project like this
I need a simple way of showing my confidential Vimeo hosted videos to a small (currently approximately six) but slowly expanding list of potential customers. Vimeo Plus stats lack the 'unique user' tracking I require. Therefore I need a CMS that;
1) makes my video clips available to individual users that I issue with a password
2) generates individual username tracking data that documents who has logged onto the page that has the relevant video embedded.
- Simple/plain CMS based 'website' just for the purpose of screening the videos (Vimeo Plus embeds, currently using 720p). No fancy design/branding requirements - simple and functional is best (with least possible 3rd party CMS branding and inactive buttons).
- Login page with fields for specific password/username fields and with customers to see a very simple terms & conditions paragraph
prior to either entering their password (either on this login page [preferably] or on a preceding page).
- Different users would be provided access to only the specific video(s) I want them to see, not all of the videos.
- The customer login process could begin via a 'client login' button I would add to my current homepage (built with iWeb) or I could just give the client a domain/subdomain URL that takes them to their login page for the relevant video.
- User tracking to document - at the very least - which users have accessed the video(s). Times, number of log ins, IP address and geographic data would be useful. Extra features such as email notification of user logins would be welcomed but is not essential.
- Once setup, I'd like to add/delete users and content (eg additional videos) over time.
- Pages to be uploaded by you to my MySQL friendly host iinet with no extra ongoing maintenance/admin costs expected.
- Simple but effective documentation of project peculiars to be provided in case another developer needs to modify designs at a later stage.
Bottom line is I need to show my videos under strict controls. I want to know as much as possible about how the potential customer has used the access I provide them. For example it would be a bonus if, say, the stats could show me that after providing an individual in San Francisco with password access they then seemed to pass on the login details to somebody in Los Angeles who logged on one hour later.
I've looked around and based on my basic understanding of web development I can see how, say, WordPress and a couple of WP plug-ins might get me what I need. Don't know how Vimeo APIs work. You are the expert! ... If you think you can achieve the above with whatever CMS you are familiar with then I'd love to hear from you!
Selection will be based on combination of price and credibility and I will probably request a simple proof-of-concept prior to confirming the job with you so we can be certain the core functionality is technically achievable. A robust working prototype will form the first milestone.
By placing a bid you agree to keep all project details confidential for commercial reasons.
Thanks very much.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online