Joomla custom module - video content management
- Status Closed
- Budget €30 - €250 EUR
- Total Bids 4
Need experts who can develop ASAP a custom component + module for Joomla 2.5.
Site is based upon Joomla 2.5 with T3 v2 framework.
The component will manage a video archive and a cover for each video.
Back-office side of the component must manage:
- title (text)
- text (wysiwyg) with "read more" option like joomla articles
- folder (dropdown) defined in configuration section of this component (Folder name [text]; Cloudfront directory [text])
- filename (text)
- cover image (image)
- start publishing (date)
- enabled (checkbox - default true)
- featured (featured style like joomla contents)
- video height (in px - not mandatory - if empty, video will use css defined value)
- video width (in px - not mandatory - if empty, video will use css defined value)
Admin will use this back-office feature to populate a video archive divided into folder (that are thematic areas).
This component must also have 2 front-end views:
- detail view
- list view
Called by the front-end module (described later), this view must show:
- video (shown with [url removed, login to view] [[url removed, login to view]])
- link "Show more of this kind" (if this feature is enabled in configuration section of the component)
If user click on "Show more of this kind", it goes to another page with list view of the component (in this case it will show all enabled videos of the same category)
Called by detail view with link "Show more of this kind" or by front-end module (described later), this view must show a list of element so composed:
- text preview (on the same row of cover)
This list must use pagination if defined in configuration section of the component.
Clicking on any fields, you'll go to the detail view of the selected item.
Front-end module will be used in different pages with different categories and styles, so it also has a configuration.
This module must manage:
- module title (text)
- category (dropdown of joomla categories defined for site contents. Featured video will be loaded from the selected category)
- option "Show all" (checkbox)
- cover height (in px - not mandatory - if empty, cover will be shown using css defined value)
- cover width (in px - not mandatory - if empty, cover will be shown using css defined value)
- show "play watermark" (checkbox - if checked, a transparent image with play simbol will be overlayed to the cover. This play image has fixed dimensions and stay centered with the cover)
This module must show:
- module title
- cover (with "play watermark" if checked)
- video title (video title of the most recent featured video in the category)
- link "Show all" (if checked)
If user click on cover or video title, it goes to another page with detail view of the selected video.
If user click on "Show all", it goes to another page with list view of the component (in this case it will show all enabled videos of the same category).
Configuration panel of the component must manage:
- list of video folders (Folder name [text]; Cloudfront directory [text])
- "Show more of this kind" (checkbox - used like described above)
- Pagination (checkbox - used to activate pagination on list view)
- Number of items per page (related to the previous, it is used to define how many items will be shown on every page of list view)
All labels must use multilanguage features (Joomla .ini management of languages).
We don't require graphical customization because we'll do it in a next phase. However desing must be tableless and module hand-coded.
- We need a component which we can install on every Joomla instance we want, the same for module.
- Serious inquiries only. Joomla experts only. NDA required.
- We want to be sure to find a reliable supplier, then we have several other projects of this kind to assign.
- Payment on 100% completion and passes installation, browser compatibility test and functionality test.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online