Under the direction of the VP of Technology, the Server Administrator's role is to design, install, administer, and optimize company servers and related components to achieve high performance of our product supported by tuning the servers as necessary. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment. Where applicable, the Server Administrator will assist in overseeing the physical security, integrity, and safety of the data center/server farm.
1. Develop strategies for client/server implementations; architect the infrastructure required to support those strategies.
2. Lead, coordinate and participate in key process improvements as they relate to the client/server environment.
3. (removed for remote applicants)
4. Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
5. Act as project lead in the design and review of new server systems, applications, and hardware; conduct capacity planning as needed.
6. Coordinate and collaborate with network engineering, business application, and database administration function to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of corporate servers to meet business demands.
7. Check help desk database for entries on server and server resource issues; prioritize and respond to help desk tickets as, appropriate.
8. Serve as cornerstone for escalating server issues; provide timely response to customer escalations.
9. Perform file system configuration and management; define and perform server backups and recovery procedures.
10. Plan and implement server upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches.
11. Provide Web administration support by overseeing and maintaining Web server functions, such as assuring logging and metrics data are stable.
12. Monitor and test system performance and provide performance statistics and reports.
13. Create shell scripts, as required.
14. Manage enterprise directory services and supporting server infrastructure.
15. Establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies (including firewalls) to ensure server security.
16. Assist in designing and implementing data center/server room security features, including HVAC control, environmental alarms, access restrictions, and so on.
17. Define and implement strategies for integrating disparate operating environments.
18. Recommend and execute modifications to server environment in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
19. Conduct research on server hardware, software, and protocols in support of procurement and development efforts.
20. Develop and maintain training materials and server documentation.
21. Perform other duties, as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
1. Linux (Level Master)
2. Postgres Database installation, optimization, and backups
3. Elastic and Flexible Virtual Machine(s) Management
4. Apache and PHP installation, migration, and maintenance
5. abilities at load balancing, clustering, and caching procedures and processes
6. ability to conduct research into server issues and products as required
7. effectively prioritize tasks
8. proven analytic and problem-solving abilities
28 freelancers are bidding on average $17/hour for this job
Hi We are interested in your project and read your requirements. we specialize in system administration for many production projects. Please check private message board for details.
I can easily cope with the required skills. I am ready to start at your convenience. Please let me know if you have further questions or need additional references.
hello , i am doing system administration from 6 years and worked on diffrent servers, softwares, iis apache , and many more servers you can give me your work. thanks