About the Job
We are looking for a talented individual to lead the Server Administration of our servers.
The main task for April would be to migrate software/data from a 40 server farm to a smaller 15-20 set of servers on a full time basis.
From May onward a part time per hourly payment structure would be in place with emergency and on-call provisions for critical downtimes.
- Coordinating closely on a daily basis with company IT managers for tasks to do
- Coordinate remote hands OS installs with datacenter (US Easter Standard time)
- Creating migration plan and timelines for infrastructure and services
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Consult with the load and capacity planning process
- Maintain processes, tools, and documentation in support of production
- Move data and services across servers
- Review datacenter power requirements
- Consult in implementation of cloud-virtualization technology
- Suggest and consult on order of new hardware to reduce load and improve delivery speed of content
- Strong working knowledge of Linux systems and applications including MySQL, Apache, Lighttpd
- System automation with perl, sed, bash, shell.
- Solve problems quickly and automate processes with scripting
- Setup proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for the infrastructure
- Setup firewall scripts
- Install DDos protection scripts
- Security tuning before making server services live
Extensive Experience Required:
- Apache2, mod_perl & Lighttpd
- MYSQL performance
- MYSQL Replication
- Tuning System IO
- PCI-DSS Experience
- bash, sed, perl
- Rsync & Rsync daemon
- BIND9 & Zone configurations
- Linux Virtual Server, VPS, Hadoop, Archipel
- Native English or Immaculate English and communication skills
- Minimum 5 years detailed Linux experience
- Experience with datacenter technologies
- Experience with open source monitoring and alerting systems
- Experience with IPv4 networking and routing
- Responsiveness & availability - reasonable response time during work hours
- Communication by Skype voice & chat
- Time tracking in our collaboration software
- Must be comfortable with adult content as our company manages adult websites
NO agencies please, only independent individuals.
When replying please include any relevant experience where you have solved a problem with any of the above services. If you have a blog, please provide a link.
*** NOTE Applicants must be available full time for the month of April ***
25 freelancers are bidding on average $3813 for this job
Dear Sir. I am ready for you. I am just Linux OS/Network expert and have 7 years experience in linux. Yes, I can work in full time for you. I have good communication. Regards.
I have 8 year exp. in all type of server and now i am handling data center server and managing server and network fom remotly.expert in Xen technologies for cloud I am ready for this project.