Rackspace, server configuration, website migration, SSL, DNS check
This project received 19 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $404 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
I am looking for someone familiar with rackspace, not just with servers, for example setting up reverse dns in rackspace is done via account, not on server etc. I would also like to use their dns.
What I need you to do is create new server, configure it according to web design company requirements (see attached file), secure server, move website there (it's already online but there are problems), install SSL certificate and make whatever is needed to make website work smoothly (mail server, sql etc..)
I am not IT expert, I am looking for someone who will make this work without me thinking about it - it was already done twice and there are still problems, website is online and I risk losing customers, I need this to work smoothly without me worrying about it. I would also like You to check this server from time to time (security, updates etc. as I can't do this personally).
Problems I have now:
1. SSL - I can't install SSL, I can have only 1 IP address, I have whm/cpanel installed, and main domain is for whm/cpanel and it uses my 1 IP address, and my website with other domain is on account created in whm, but I don't have more IPs to use so I can't install SSL Certificate. There is also some problem with SSL - I can't access website using https:// - I get server error, normally browser would ask if I want to access website without certificate.
I wanted panel so I can see what's going on or maybe put some small websites on this server too, if knew I won't be able to use SSL I wouldn't buy WHM/Cpanel, I just wasted money for this.
2. DNS - I don't know if it's matter of time, or is something configured wrong - my website was online before - old version, now it's new version on new server - I changed DNS to point to this server 4 days ago but some people get error and can't open my website, I sometimes can't open it using second internet provider even when I can using the other. I heard it's possible to have some weird problems after pointing domain to new server but I thought DNS should be pointing to new server in 24H or less.
So I think what needs to be done is:
- create new server, configure it like this server, but not install panel
- OS you can choose, I don't know what's best, now it's CentOS 6.3 but you can use different
- copy existing website - all files, databases etc, - websites in online now so it can't interfere with it
- check if everything works smoothly
- when everything is ok point domain to this server or create this servers image and rebuild first one with this image
- add domain to this server and change domains DNS to use rackspace dns (now it uses my own dns of the main domain used in whm/cpanel)
- install SSL certificate
- if it makes sense install some cache like varnish?
Server requirements from my webdesing company are attached (needs to be checked with existing server, maybe some changes were needed, I am not sure):
I really need someone who can suggest something when you think something needs to be different or when I suggest something stupid as I am not IT expert. I had a lot of stress with this website. It's been online three years and now I am losing good reputation.
Paid in full after everything is working, when website is moved to this new server, when domain works, when emails work, when SSL works etc.. I have already lost lot's of money and time because it was done twice and I paid too fast before I realized it doesn't works as it should.
If you are interested please be honest about your familiarity with rackspace, domains and servers. Please don't just copy and paste something like " Hi, am this and that expert.... let's do it" and later it turns out someone never used rackspace.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online