Dedicated server DDoS protection
This project received 20 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $191 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
I am searching for a specialist in linux configuration regarding DDoS protection (SYN/UDP flood, etc.), networking (IP table configuration, etc.) with normal English skills.
My little game server always suffers DDoS attacks and therefore I loose many players and am forced to shut it down soon after launching it. This time I have decided to switch hosting company. New hosting company claims to protect me from up to 1,5Gbit/s DDoS attacks (still I don't trust them and have to configure my server properly). The node has ubuntu OS. I will setup apache web server (website will be running on it) and game server running on port 7171/7172 (this is where the flood is usually targeted).
What I need?
* Someone who could configure IP tables and secure my server as much as possible from most types of DDoS attacks.
* The hosting company I will use offers ACL configuration. You should be able to understand what configuration my game and web server needs (to not block used and necessary ports), so I can tell them how to configure ACL accordingly to my needs. (you will most likely not have to know anything game server specific, I can provide all the knowledge).
* On the day and time the game server will be launched, for first few hours I will need you to be ready to help me in case server goes down. We will talk about date and time that is good for both of us.
* In case attack happens, you have to be able to diagnose the problem (why is the server down? what type of attack? can it be stopped? how? etc.). For example, previously the SYN flood that was sent to my game server's port 7171 increased the CPU usage of server to 100% in about 2h and it went in denial. That was solved by turning off the power saving mode. (previous server was kind of weak, I will have better one now and this shouldn't be a problem). So probably some monitoring tools have to be setup for you to be able to detect the problem mby? And of course, after the reason and problem is detected, it should be fixed, if possible.
Communication will take place over VoIP (Skype) before we decide to start working. I am new to freelancer, would be better if you contacted me via Skype - [REMOVED BY [url removed, login to view] ADMIN], but I will ofc check this thread also. I am a nice and technical guy myself(work as a programmer, but don't know linux that good), so I think it will be easy for you to work with me. :) So don't hesitate, ask any questions of I anything is unclear. :))
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online