Small Certificate Authority Project.
This project was successfully completed by linuxien2011 for $120 USD in 7 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$75 - $100 USD
Completed In7 days
This project is focused on designing and implementing a (minimal) certificate authority. The system will be built in a virtualized environment utilizing Virtual Box. It will be composed of 2 virtual machines running Ubuntu: one will act as the certificate authority (CA) and the other will be a client that will be used to test the functionality of the CA.
The main virtual machine will need the following components implemented:
>Web Server: User interfaces, certificate requests, certificate delivery, revocation requests, etc.
>Core CA: Management of user certificates, CA configuration, CA certificates and keys, functionality to issue new certificates, etc. (Install TinyCA)
>MySQL Database: Database with user data (sample user data is provided for the purpose of this assignment). The database specification is attached to this post.
Functional Requirements --------------------------------------------------------------------
The CA should verify authorized certificate requests based on the user credentials in the database. The process of granting certificates should be as follows:
1. From the client VM, The user logs in via a web form by entering his user ID and his password. The user ID and password are verified by consulting the information stored in the database.
2. The user is shown the user information stored in the database. If required, the user may correct this information and any changes will be applied to the database.
3. A certificate is issued based on the (possibly corrected) user information from step 2.
4. The user is offered the possibility to download the new certificate, including the corresponding private key, in PKCS#12 format.
Once the project is complete you will upload the VirtualBox images (the VDI files for the CA & Client).
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online