iOS Game (Native)
This project received 17 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $3067 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
This job will be to build an empire building, multiplayer game.
Please read this carefully; if you have questions ASK THEM IN PM. Do not just bid without understanding this entire post. I do not have time or inclination to waste because you do not know how to build server-side components.
iOS (iPhone, iPod, and iPad - classic and retina) development
Client-Server Game development
One of the following databases: MySQL, MariaDB, or noSQL (redis, casandra)
Server-side development in Java and Tomcat, *or* PHP, *or* Python
APPLICATION STACK is in 2 PARTS:
1) Server side - this can be Java/Tomcat, PHP, Python, or C
a) Must run on a linux server - NOT windows
b) Using either redis, MySQL, or casandra as persistent storage/database
2) iOS client in native obj-c - use of third party modules is OK as long as they are open source - no phonegap
Game storyboard will be provided in PDF
Technical specification and architectural diagrams for the server side will be provided in PDF
The server side technical specification needs to be adhered to, this will allow us for future expansion.
Placeholder artwork and sound should be used by freelancer until we provide you the entire asset package
If you need a linux box to work on as a server, let us know, we will build one for you and provide whatever access you need to make it work.
We require full documentation on the server side (can be phpdoc or doxygen) in ENGLISH
We require fully commented obj-c code on the iOS platform - in ENGLISH
All class, function, and variable names need to be in ENGLISH and documented
By building the system this way, it allows us to rehire you to build the Android client, and then to build the web client after this project is complete.
SHORT GAME DESIGN DOCUMENT:
This is an empire building game with 2 factions (Good and Bad), you pick good or bad, then you pick male or female, then you will have a starting town. Bad faction will start in the small town of Locksley, the Good faction will start in the small camp in the forest called Outlaw Camp.
You build up the town, fortify your defenses, and build up your armies. Collect taxes (bad faction), or steal from the Rich (good faction).
You can attack the opposite faction players, or help people in your own faction.
There will be "real money" purchase of "gold crowns", which can be used to buy items from the ingame marketplace.
Example of this game is [url removed, login to view]
1) The game needs to mostly be handled on the server side, using php, c, java/tomcat, or python, and the game client needs to run smoothly on iOS to start with.
2) ** When this job is completed, we will want to hire you again to build the game on Android and Web.
3) If you have a way to build for all 3 platforms (Android, iOS, web) at the same time, and for little more expense, I am willing to listen.
4) The client can NOT be written in flash/air - this is a definite violation of this job.
Job will be paid in 4 milestones:
1st: 25% milestone will be added (not released) when the server side design is understood and accepted by the freelancer
- this milestone will be released when the server code is tested
- once this milestone is released, the server code will be turned over to me for setup and testing
2nd: 25% milestone will be added (not released) when the initial milestone is released
- iOS client is tested as working by me
- milestone is released, then the source code for the iOS client is released to me
3rd: 25% milestone will be added (not released) when the iOS client can be compiled by me
- Android client is working and tested by me
- milestone is released when the source code is in my hands and can be tested
4th: Final payment is released when the documentation is complete, and questions (within scope) are answered.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online