The GTeam DBA will be responsible for maintaining the integrity and functionality of multiple databases as we migrate applications to new platforms. This is a challenging position in a fast-paced environment. Some of the things that a GTeam DBA would be required to do include exploring a new databases for a new products, developing and implementing plans to migrate those databases, determining obstacles to those goals and overcoming them.
As a GTeam DBA you would work with a team of intelligent, motivated people from all over the world with the common goal of implementing the newest technology.
To qualify for this position, you must have:
- Experience with Oracle and SQL Server
- Experience with the Linux Operating System
- Experience installing and configuring database software on Windows and Linux platforms
- Detailed understanding of rdbms concepts such as relationships, indexing, storage requirements, etc.
- Knowledge of database character sets, collations, etc.
- Experience backing up and restoring databases
- Thorough understanding of database datatypes
- Experience in unload and load data methods supported by various databases
- Knowledge of coding sub programs like stored procedures, functions, packages, triggers, etc.
It would be a plus if you are also familiar with:
- Sybase ASE
- User and security management in databases - creating users, roles, assigning privileges, etc.
- ETL tools like Kettle, CloverETL, others
- Version control software like Subversion
- Automation of any of the above
This is a full-time position, open only to candidates living in the United States, paying $30/hour (with a $1200 fixed-price payment for a trial job if that trial leads us to hire you).
We work with you through one of several approved staffing and payment platforms which will charge a percentage fee on your gross earnings. For United States citizens and permanent residents, your net pay will be $24/hour to cover the cost of W-2 processing.
11 freelancers are bidding on average $40/hour for this job
I have over 13 year of experience in DBA domain primarily on Microsoft platform, Work with other database for data integration project. Please find me on via putting my name in Google you will know about me in detail.