1. Write a bash script ([url removed, login to view]) to
- spawn a given number of EC2 instances (Ubuntu) using AWS command line tools - this becomes the 'server farm'
- while creating instances, tag them as 'farm_node' so all instances in the farm can be identified later
- initialize each instance to given specifications (install packages, clone git repo, rvm, ruby, etc) - we have bash script for this mostly written
2. Write a bash script ([url removed, login to view]) that will
- run a given ruby script on each of the machines in the farm
3. Write a bash script ([url removed, login to view]) that will
- report progress from all instances
- report that all instances have finished running the ruby script
4. Write a bash script ([url removed, login to view]) that will
- delete all instances tagged 'farm_node', i.e. delete all instances in the server farm
5. Set up an EC2 instance from where above commands can be executed from
- Set up a cron job to run the [url removed, login to view] script once every day
8 freelancers are bidding on average $157 for this job
I've written multiple automation scripts working with Amazon and other cloud services. I can deliver bug-free and well documented set of scripts in short time and within your budget.