technical reviewer for book on open source test automation
This project was awarded to imoneyop for $100 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
I am the author of a book on test automation and I am looking for a technical reviewer for my book on open source test automation.
Reviewer should be someone excited about open source who is willing to contribute to finishing this tutorial style book.
* Excellent command of the English language
* Working Linux environment to run the samples (Ubuntu or Debian required)
* Basic software quality assurance and test automation experience ( ISTQB certification or similar would be helpful).
* Please provide a CV with your bid so I can see your working experience in test automation projects.
Technical Review Goals
* Focus of the review is neither on grammar nor on style. You will provide feedback regarding easy to use, easy to understand, and easy to find (see questionnaires). You will work with the provided questionnaires. Also check if the examples and demo application works.
* Check if the information given in the book complete and reflects an appropriate level of detail for the audience.
* Verify that Book-Section overviews define terms and concepts and provide a high-level summary of the chapters and tasks within the section. Do they comply with the task.
* Verify that Chapter overviews provide a high-level summary of the tasks within a chapter.
* Verify that task summaries identify the business purpose for the task, where the task takes place in the overall process, and the consequences of performing the task.
Questionnaires (the following three questionnaires attached)
I. Questionnaire "before" - used before reading the book (attached book jacked)
II. Questionnaire "chapter" - used for reviewing each of the chapters
III. Questionnaire "after" - used after reading the book
* The book has 243 pages. I want you to provide feedback on a chapter per chapter basis. Please fill in the provided questionnaire for each chapter.
Timeframe for the job is 3 to 4 weeks. If for example a demo is not working or there is a problem with the installation you should stop and get in touch with me so I can fix the problem before you continue.
* I require you to make screenshots (nosetests, supercars, jenkins wall-display, jasmine-testacular) plus the perftest plots so I can see that the samples work on your machine, too.
* I hope to significantly improve the quality of the book based on your input. For exceptional work on your side I am willing to include an "intro to the book from the technical editor" section as a bonus (from you, provided by you) (max. 300 works).
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online